Machine learning is a subject of Artificial Intelligence that involves application, gaining understanding and knowledge of the task it is performing using machine learning functions without being programmed.
It is often believed that lesser startups are generally more innovative, dynamic and larger than huge established market leaders. This perception is prevalent in almost all industries. Machine learning has revolutionized the marketing industry in many ways.
The following are some of the best top ten machine learning companies in 2018.
- IBM: The machine learning aspect on Watson was launched last year. It allows scientists to apply machine learning algorithms and transform data to build intelligent applications and train predictive models. They can also use algorithms to generate models and learn predictions from data sets. It also provides data model building for clients.
- Apple: Apple is widely known for enhancing Siri with machine learning to call someone in your contact list and much more. It also identifies anyone who emailed you and is not in your contacts. Facial recognition and even showing you where your parked car is are just some of the amazing features Apple has.
- Amazon: The biggest online retailer, Amazon offers consumer services and business products like Echo devices which bring artificial intelligence through voice servers. Machine learning is mainly used to identify user preferences in product buying as well as Alexa Smart Home Devices, Amazon Recognition, Alexa Engine, Amazon Music and many other features. The company also offers services via AWS based on experience gained from consumer products.
- Google: In the past five years, Google has taken its time to enhance image processing, search engines, search predictions, visual processing, Google language and speech recognition. It also offers AI cloud service to Google Cloud service customers, allowing them to add machine learning for things like translation, recognition and image search.
- Next IT: This is one of the companies that started chatbots and has helped many companies such as Amtrak and Alaska Airlines to conveniently interact with customers freely. They have been able to help many organizations including insurance and healthcare industries.
- Uber: Uber is a riding business that uses Michelangelo, a machine learning service platform that helps internal teams to operate, deploy and build seamless solutions.
- Facebook: Every Facebook user uses machine learning without knowing it. It is used when tagging friends, recommending groups such as Instagram and Messenger, mutual friend checking and personal news feeds.
- Darktrace: It uses machine learning and AI to provide cyber security systems which imitate the immune system of a human being by studying what is normal and updating as the surrounding environment changes and then checks on issues that could point out to security issues.
- Digital Reasoning: Digital Reasoning distinctively applies machine learning in cognitive computing to identify interesting human habits in communication data. It also uses AI to fill in the gap of understanding from any source, accumulate context resolve both variables and invariables and draw specific conclusions on risks, opportunities and relationships.
- Luminoso: This is an artificial intelligence company that specializes in the understanding of natural language by plowing through unstructured text data from chatbot transcripts and call centers to social media posts. It also helps companies gain insight from the feeds and conversations, as well as optimize client interactions, customer trends and discover what interests the customers and what doesn’t.