Since its release, last November, the iPhone 10 (also known as iPhone X) has redefined the experience of iPhone users. With its larger screen, enhanced facial recognition technology, and a growing array of VR apps, the iPhone 10 takes portable technology in new and amazing directions never dreamed possible when the first iPhone was introduced in 2007.
Some of the most exciting apps are those that use virtual reality and augmented reality. They have an even greater impact when used with a high-quality iPhone VR headset. Here are 10 apps to consider:
- AR Dragon: Create your own pet dragon and welcome it into your home through augmented reality. If you take good care of your dragon, you can watch it grow from a baby and teenager into an adult. A time dial lets you transport your dragon back in time, too! From: PlaySide Studios PTY LTD. Price: Free.
- Ghosts and Guns AR: Protect yourself from pixel ghosts that come into your home in this augmented reality arcade game. From: Turbo Chilli Pty Ltd. Price: Free.
- VR Horror: If you dare, fall into a scary world with this horror game that will thrill and scare you. Prepare yourself for intense and horrific encounters. From: Andrew Sasaki. Price: Free.
- Housecraft: Use your iPhone’s camera to select an area in the house, and the app allows you to add images of fireplaces, furniture, and other home goods to give you remodeling ideas. From: Sirvo LLC. Price: Free.
- InMind 2 VR: Enjoy a virtualized trip deep into the human mind searching for neurons while also experiencing some arcade gaming along the way. Take a journey that combines interactive gaming apps with some virtual neurology. From: NIVAL, INC. Price: Free.
- Lamper VR: Firefly Rescue. Lamper came to iOS a couple of years ago and looks great on the iPhone 10. Help Lamper make a journey through caves, dense forests, and other places. Collect power sources in this virtual reality game that will allow you to challenge antagonists along the way. From: Archiact. Price: Free.
- NYT VR: News junkies will like the virtualized videos available through the New York Times. Keep up with news events in a new and exciting way by downloading the videos and watching them with your iPhone’s VR viewer. From: New York Times. Price: Free.
- Puppemoji: This new app allows anyone to transform their face and body into a Japanese anime persona. Select a virtualized mask as you become an anime figure that reflects your current mood and feelings. From: ViRD Inc. Price: Free.
- WITHIN VR: This app allows you to enjoy virtual reality through both imaginary tales and real-world events that give you a wide range of VR experiences. From: Within Unlimited, Inc. Price: Free.
- YouTube: Enjoy a growing number of videos with full 360-degree views that take you into the center of the action. With the ever-growing number of high-density videos available on YouTube, the offerings will certainly continue to grow. From: YouTube. Price: Free.
As more consumers upgrade to the iPhone 10, there will certainly be additional VR apps available. The beauty of the iPhone 10 is its ability to host so many virtual and augmented reality experiences that you can enjoy.