Technology is becoming the most critical foundation for any business in nearly every industry around the globe. Without a consistent ear toward technology, businesses will begin to fail. One technology that is increasingly becoming important is artificial intelligence or AI. One of the industries that are being changed by artificial intelligence is marketing and advertising.
How can marketers make use of artificial intelligence to aid them in their work? Will artificial intelligence take over the work of marketing altogether? These are important questions that must be answered as artificial intelligence continues to alter the field of marketing.
Here are seven ways that artificial intelligence is transforming the field of marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO is probably the area that is being most affected by artificial intelligence in digital marketing. Google is already making use of AI with its machine learning algorithm, RankBrain, the search engine’s third most important ranking signal. SEO amplified by AI will increase the importance of ranking signals related to user activity.
- Chatbots: Customer service is one of the most important aspects of running any business, and many companies are turning towards AI to help them aid customers. AI-powered chatbot technology saves time for the humans working in the business and helps point customers to the best solution.
- Performance-Based Marketing: Marketers go to great lengths and do a lot of research to understand their target audience. Artificial intelligence can scan people and data far faster than any focus group or lead scoring, Brands that are focused on performance and metrics to better understand their customer needs will be the best at leveraging AI.
- Content Marketing: If you are a marketing content creator, you may feel like artificial intelligence will take over your job and make you obsolete. However, AI-generated content does not provide the personality and voice that a human writer can provide to the reader. Marketing content creators should use AI to handle repetitive tasks and gather data. Enhancing content marketing with AI will change the roles of content creators.
- Product Recommendations and Personalized Content: In today’s world of endless choices, marketers are going to great lengths to match their content and experiences to their customers’ needs and wishes. Some online retailers like Amazon are using AI to model their presentation of products around their customer data. Powering personalization efforts with artificial intelligence is becoming one of the most effective ways to hone product recommendations and online content to what their customers desire so the user is presented with content they will be interested in.
- Customer Staying Power: Not only can artificial intelligence attract customers, but it can also keep those customers beyond their initial contact with your product or service. It does this by providing you with a more complete picture of your customers by showing how their needs change and identifying patterns so that marketers can approach the right way in each stage of their journey.
- Email Marketing: With higher conversion rates than social media and search, email marketing remains one of the most effective forms of online marketing. Artificial intelligence uses data to create personalized emails, improve drip campaigns, and learn about your customers’ interest level in your email campaigns.
The world of marketing is already on its way to major change with artificial intelligence in play. Marketers spend a lot of time seeking to gain major insights as well as deliver the right message to their customers at the right time. AI-driven technology will revolutionize marketing by offering marketers a good deal of quality at scale by using tips and techniques from deep learning.